Power Quality Monitoring
Saumita Controls offers Power quality meters and software from METRAWAT Germany. According to the recent regulation by CEA by Gazette Order REGD. NO. D. L.-33004/99 Dated 14 February 2019, it is been made mandatory to install PQ meters by Bulk Consumers at the point of common coupling and to share the data with Distribution Utilities. The PQ meter shall comply IEC 61000-4-30 Class A
4 current and 4 voltage inputs with Auto-Range
12.5 A and 1000 Vrms.
Frequency range 16 Hz to 400 Hz
Can be used in railway, power grid and on-board networks.
Continuous sampling of voltage and current inputs at 32 kHz per channel.
Up to 20 addional inputs and outputs
2 analog inputs, e.g. for temperature, direct sunlight and wind speed.
2 analog outputs for selectable measured quantities.
8 digital inputs, e.g. for switching statuses.
8 digital outputs, e.g. for rate meter pulses and masked alarms.
Special Analysis in accordance with EN 61000-4-7
Up to 63 harmonics.
Acquisition of 10 custom inter harmonics.
Communication Interfaces and prtocols
Ethernet, USB (Type B), RS232/RS485; TCP / IP, Modbus and DNP3.
Advanced Flicker according to EN 61000-4-15
For various voltage levels.
Device supports latest Class A standard in accordance with EN61000-4-30, 3. Edition.
(we are one of the first worldwide)
- Evaluation of the electricity supply quality in compliance with EN 50160 with automatic report generation.
- Measurements of instantaneous values of more than 140 quantities including harmonics, flicker, power line signaling voltage,
- 32 adjustable alarms in 4 alarm groups each containing up to 8 alarms. Alarms relate to a particular quantity over/under threshold
and serve the purpose of controlling on-device relay outputs as well as informing the server about the occurrence of alarm events.
- Recording and on-board evaluation of PQ anomalies and PQ reports based on EN 50160.
- Measurements of 40 minimal and maximal values in different time intervals (from 1 to 256 periods).
Up to three independent communication ports (RS 232/485 up to 115,200 bit/s, Ethernet and USB 2.0) MODBUS and DNP3
- Recording of disturbance, trend and Power Quality (PQ) events in trigger related recorders.
- Class A (0.1%) accuracy in compliance with EN61000-4-30.
- Support for GPS, IRIG-B (modulated and digital) and NTP real time synchronization.
Up to 20 inputs and outputs (analogue inputs/outputs, digital inputs/outputs, alarm/watchdog outputs, pulse input/outputs, tariff
- Harmonic analysis up to the 63th harmonic.
- Recording and on-board evaluation of PQ anomalies and PQ reports based on EN 50160
- 144 mm square panel mounting.
- On-board Web server support.
- Oscillography capability for recording waveforms and transients with up to 625 samples/cycle sampling frequency.
- Transient event generated triggers based on hold-off time (in ms), absolute peak value, fast change (in %Un/μs).
PQ Monitoring Software
Radial and network fault location.
Compliance with international and national power quality standards and Energy Directorate (NVE 1557).
Voltage sag and interruption contract management.
Power quality event log correlation with SCADA operation logs.
Wind generation feasibility and assessment.
PQ View is a multi-component software system developed by Electrotek Concepts® for building and analyzing databases of power quality and energy measurements.
Its components build measurement databases, write summary reports, compute power quality indices, view waveforms and rms samples and trend steady-state quantities via workstations and web browsers.
PQ View builds databases with billions of measurements from thousands of monitoring points taken by many different types of meters, including power quality monitors, voltage recorders, in-plant monitors, and digital fault recorders.
It can store and analyze information with the measurements about cause and source of triggered events, as well as evaluate the financial impact of events to both a power provider and a power user.
It can quickly extract meaningful information from a one megabyte or one terabyte database.
PQ View combines powerful features in a user-friendly interface. Measurements can be stored in either Microsoft® Access or Microsoft SQL server.
A complete PQ View system consists of three main applications: the Power Quality Data Manager, the Power Quality Data Analyzer and the PQ Web.