Power Quality Solutions
Detuned Capacitor Bank
The Detuned Capacitor banks offered by Saumita Controls include both Contactor switched or Thyristor switched depending on nature of loads connected in the Electrical Network.
Thyristor switched capacitor panels have many advantages such as the following
- Very fast / real time response to changing loads. Response time less than 1 sec. Due to very fast capacitor bank operation maintaining PF near unity is possible, especially where billing is based on KVAh instead of Kwh.
- Soft / solid state switching of the capacitors by the thyristor modules eliminate the high inrush currents and voltage sags produced in std. APFC panels. Elimination of high inrush currents and voltage sags is beneficial for the connected electrical equipment. Due to this soft switching the life of power capacitors is 3 to 4 times more than in std. APFC panels.
The Detuned capacitor Banks offered by Saumita Controls are designed and manufactured based on following
design criteria and Specifications:-
- Capacitor bank with 7 % or 14 % Detuned reactors with suitable rated capacitor (Voltage& KVAR) & Detuned Reactor (mH & Current) to suit harmonic levels in the network.
- Harmonic Levels are determined based on Harmonic simulation Studies (Design Stage) or in the event of retrofits after Site surveys.
- Eliminates harmonic amplification.
- Enhances the life of capacitors by reducing voltage and thermal stress due to harmonics
- Improves Power Factor in harmonic rich environment.
ULTRA FAST -mode for fast-changing loads in Open-Loop.
PFC-mode for traditional Closed-Loop control.
Linearly good output.
Linearly good output.
Better performance than only capacitor steps.
Easy to use
Easy to use with the 7” touchscreen HMI.
Changeable step sizes, modes etc.
No PFC-Controller Required
No need for different step ratios.
(1:1:1: 1:1) and the A2-module will take care of the rest.
Higher power density.
Less switching operations.
Only one type of capacitor in stock.
More stable control and majority of the needed reactive current is produced with the capacitor steps.
Saumita Controls manufactures and supplies Hybrid Filters in technical collaboration with MERUS, Finland. The Hybrid Filters are a combination of
Passive Units such as capacitors and detuned reactors along with A2 Series Active Harmonic Filters mounted in one enclosure.
The HPQ-application utilizes the capacitor steps to fulfill most of the capacitive reactive power needs, while the A2-module will take the mid steps.
Active Harmonic Filter
The Active Harmonic Filters supplied by Saumita Controls is manufactured by MERUS, Finland.
Merus A2-series active filters ensure guaranteed compliance with the harmonic distortion’s limits specified in IEEE 519, G5/4, IEC
61000 and other power quality standards and regulations followed by the Indian Utilities Merus A2-series Active Harmonic Filters are built on modern 3-level topology which brings several benefits compared to other active filters built on the conventional 2-level topology. In 3-level topology, the switching frequency and voltage stress are distributed among the two IGBTs. Reduced stress extends the lifetime of the power electronics. The efficiency and lower losses achieved with 3-level topology are excellent.
These make the overall cost of ownership much lower compared to conventional solution Merus A2-series Active Harmonic Filters are equipped with sophisticated 7” Human Machine Interface (HMI). Commissioning of the device is simplified and Hassle free with the help of the built-in Commissioning Wizard.
- Active harmonic filtering.
- Power factor correction.
- Voltage variation control and flicker mitigation.
- Load balancing in three-phase systems.
- The Harmonic filters are customized for demanding
- Applications and are available from 480V up to 1000V.