Power Control Centres
PCC is distribution and control of various power source used in industry. Normally PCC is installed near power source hence fault level is high. It is designed to set fault level of 50KA or 65KA for 1sec. Bus bar system in PCC are designed to suit the fault level as well as temperature rise to 40°C above ambient. Ample space is provided for cable termination. Various protection viz short circuit, overload, earth fault, under voltage etc can be provided to protect source and equipment.
Motor control centers one physical grouping of combination starters in one assembly. A combination starter is a single enclosure containing the motor starter, circuit breaker and a device for disconnecting power. Other devices associated with the motor such a push buttons, indicating lamps, VFD’s, PLC and metering equipment.
Motor Control Center
(Thyristor & Contactor Switched)
The Detuned Capacitor banks offered by Saumita Controls include either Contactor switched or Thyristor switched depending on nature of loads connected in the Electrical Network. Thyristor switched capacitor panels have many advantages such as the following
- Very fast / real time response to changing loads. Response time less than 1 sec. Due to very fast capacitor bank operation maintaining PF near unity is possible, especially where billing is based on KVAh instead of Kwh.
- Soft / solid state switching of the capacitors by the Thyristor modules eliminate the high inrush currents and voltage sags produced in std. APFC panels. Elimination of high inrush currents and voltage sags is beneficial for the connected electrical equipment. Due to this soft switching the life of power capacitors is 3 to 4 times more than in std. APFC panels.
The Detuned capacitor Banks offered by Saumita Controls are designed and manufactured based on following design criteria and Specifications:-
- Capacitor bank with 7 % or 14 % Detuned reactors with suitable rated capacitor (Voltage& KVAR) & Detuned Reactor (mH & Current) to suit harmonic levels in the network.
- Harmonic Levels are determined based on Harmonic simulation Studies (Design Stage) or in the event of retrofits after Site surveys.
- Eliminates harmonic amplification.
- Enhances the life of capacitors by reducing voltage and thermal stress due to harmonics
- Improves Power Factor in harmonic rich environment.
In an alternating current electric power system, synchronization is the process of matching the speed and frequency of a generator or other source to a running network. … In modern grids, synchronization of generators is carried out by automatic systems.
Synchronization Panel And AMF Panel
Marine Switch Board Panels
Marine Switch Board Panels, due to its basic features and high quality, particularly suitable
for Marine industry and an optimum solution for the limited space in ship.
In electric power distribution, a bus duct (also called busway), is a sheet metal duct containing either copper or aluminium bus bars for the purpose of conducting a substantial current of electricity. It is an alternative means of conducting electricity to power cables or cable bus.
Metering panels are a kind of control panels which are very much required for the domestic as well as industrial purposes for the measurement of amount of power used up and the rate of power consumption
A fire alarm control panel (FACP), fire alarm control unit (FACU), or simply fire alarm panel is the controlling component of a system. The panel receives information from devices designed to detect and report fires, monitors their operational integrity and provides for automatic control of equipment, and transmission of information necessary to prepare the facility for fire based on a predetermined sequence.
Fire Alarm Control Panels
Outdoor Type Panels
Outdoor type panels are usually MCC panels / PCC panels / AMF panels / Distribution Panels with a degree of protection of IP 5X / IP 6X. This makes the outdoor type panel fully weather proof and hence provides a longer durability with smooth functioning.